Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Little Introduction


            I have made attempts to start up a blog in the past, however my enthusiasm quickly waned when I realized that I might as well have been talking to a wall. Now, since things have changed a little, I have a small audience so it's time to start posting once more.  I'll do you a favor and cut out all the boring nonsense of introducing myself, chances are if you are reading this you already have a good idea of what I'm about and if not, well I'm sure that will become apparent over time.

            So lets dive right into it:



I'm currently in the process of two major projects. The first is Prisoner's Cinema, my main graphic novel in the works. The second is my zine and soon to be webcomic called I Swallowed A Fly.  For those of you that do not know what a zine is a zine is a small independent publication usually of writings, artworks, comics, or anything else the creator wants to be heard. They are usually made for and sold for cheap, produced by hand, and are like small pamphlets.
            I Swallowed A Fly will consist mostly of comics but also a dash of some contemplative ramblings, lone drawings, and social commentary. I'm also considering doing some interviews with some interesting fellows to add in.
With regards to Prisoner's Cineama, here's a run down of the plot:

            A man named Leon Chaille  is branded as a war criminal after an invention of his he made with the intentions of helping civilization was sold to the government and twisted to kill hundreds. He lives as a fugitive on the streets and is later captured where he is found to be dying of a terminal illness. Instead of executing him, he is left to rot on his death bed. Through sensory deprivation, Leon begins to hallucinate a world which is a projection of his life memories. The story follows him on his journey through his mind as he searches for a crucial memory he has locked within him but also in his search to seek some form of solace from events that shaped his life.

So what will this blog be used for? It will most likely be a assorted mix of many things but the central idea is focused on my projects and endeavors.
here's the lowdown of what is likely to come:

- Updates on projects (probably weekly)

- comic strips and pages

- Contemplations/ info articles on certain things that should be given attention to

- possible interviews.


Stick with me and I promise to fill your time wisely.

                                                                                                            --- Kristin Middleton



1 comment: