Sunday, August 17, 2014

Thoughts Of a Gadabout

             A Log of  Ramblings, Day to Day Travels,  and Contemplations                              

   



Yesterday I wound up buying a raccoon skull as my hunt for bones in  the woods resulted in nothing. However, I did find some old bottles in the forest which I plan to transform into antique vintage looking medicine bottles.

              
        How do you write a blog entry at 3:22 AM with no computer or internet access? You write on a flimsy note pad the size of your palm and hope you remember the sheets of paper once you tare them out and shove them in your pocket. Currently I sit here in upstate New York in the Catskills. I've been reading this one book that you may have heard about: Steal Like An Artist  by Austin Kleon. and it got me wondering about inspiration and it made me realize how it has been a while since I have felt that desire to research in all different aspects and fields. I used to feel when I was younger and dumber that I had some sort of noticeable intelligence but often I believe that it all came from a place of naive arrogance that I hopefully have shed off. Chances are I'm just as smart as I was then as I am now maybe just a little more experienced and with a clearer set of eyes. Sometimes I feel like the people who are truly smart are the people that have the most questions and admit they know the least.


Things have taken on a rather strange outlook these  last few days. Ever have an event that rings of an experience that had past a few years ago? Don't you sometimes feel you regress to the person you were back all those years ago? 
In other news I Swallowed A Fly continues to grow. I have made pins for that will be included in paid for copies of issue one. Recently, I visited Asbury Park and I found a location that seems willing to distribute the zine once it is finished. Of course part of me is wondering if I should just wait till I'm over the issue one hump until  I approach the outlet again since maybe reveling in relative obscurity is the best option when you are still  earning your wings...also on the flip side of that argument the more people you show your work to, the more feedback you can get. We'll just have to wait and see what option I take when I actually finish the damn thing in the first place.

                                                                                                             - Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment